Monday, September 29, 2008

School-schmool

Hey, would you look at that - it's less than a month since my last post. That hasn't happened in a while. Actually, the reason I am bothering to bother you with my rants is because I am sitting in my politology class. It lasts an hour and a half and I still have 45 minutes left.

Why are you blogging during class, you ponder? Well, IT'S BORING AS HELL, that's why. I've been going to school for almost a month now and the classes have not gotten any more interesting. In fact, I think they have reached the level of most boring classes of all time. It's so boring that I can't even try to listen to the lecturers 'cause I'd fall asleep.

This has led me to the extremes - I have to carry my 500kg laptop with me every day so I could play card games and such on it. This keeps me from falling asleep. I'm getting really good at Solitaire, my win rate is over 60%. I'm also working on beating Minesweeper at expert level. Closest I've gotten so far is 5 mines left.
I also spend quite a lot of time surfing online but the wifi here is awful. It works for about 4 minutes and then doesn't work for 5 mins. I tried to play WoW once... I managed to kill one mob and then the next one nuked me 'cause the school wifi was being useless as usually.

I'm really hungry right now. Since the cafeteria here is super expensive, I don't know why they think poor students can afford 70 kroon lunches, I ran to the supermarket next to the school and got a sandwich and a sprite. That was 5 hours ago. Now I'm hungry again. :(

Today is the longest day of the week. 9 AM till 6 PM. *dies* And of course the day is filled with joyous lectures like politology, law and management...

At least we don't have public administration today. Last lesson I found out that the porridge-faced teacher not only speaks like his mouth is full of porridge, he also writes like his hand is full of porridge.



And the worst thing is that he loves to enhance his writings with arrows and circles and such and well, that doesn't result in a very clearly readable blackboard.

We had to write 3 essays for last week. Actually, one was more of a term paper. That was quite horrible, if I may say so. Now I have 2 essays left to do for next week. Oh the joy of being in college...

I'm still really hungry. I think I'll have to buy a chocolate bar or something to make it home before I starve.

Um... I have the feeling that this post is really random. Hm. Well, then I'll leave you with this random song.


No comments: