Monday, October 6, 2008

ramadamadingdong

Dude, it's been a long day and I'm friggin tired and would love to get some sleep ... but I just have to get this off my chest.

KLAXONS WAS THE BEST FRIGGIN SHOW I'VE EVER BEEN TO.

Yup. Me and S went to see Klaxons tonight. I've been a fan of them for about a year and a half but after tonight they are officially my favorite live band and fourth overall favorite band. :D

'kay, so the show took place at club Hollywood and was supposed to start at 8. Me and S managed to miss the bus we were supposed to take lol but somehow we still made it there around 8. Luckily, the warm-up band was still performing - Popidiot. It's this Estonain-Finnish electric music duo. The Estonian guy blabbered a lot in between songs, but I liked the finnish guy he only said "Aitäh" after every second song. :D

So when they started setting up the stage for Klaxons, we moved a bit forward and got the best place ever - we were in the middle of the crowd, just on a higher ledge so we could see above everyone's heads and straight at the stage, which was about 3 meters from us. I can't believe we were so lucky to get that spot - it was perfect!



This is one of the three pics I managed to take and the only one that's not horribly fuzzy.

Anyway, the show started off really fast, I think the first song was Atlantis to Interzone but I'm not sure, I was totally raving along with everything they played xD it was just so awesome hearing all those songs live and right in front of me.

I've been listening to their songs on repeat for the past two days and each time I find something new and interesting about each song. Like I discovered that the drum parts in Gravity's Rainbow totally PWN :

Boomp3.com


I listened to the songs on repeat on my way home too, I just never get tired of them! They're just too good!

I tried to learn all the lyrics before the show cause i like singing along. I'm definitely a person who values music over lyrics but after reading Klaxons' lyrics over and over again, I find them fascinating. They've got some really weird stuff in their songs and it really makes you wonder "what the hell do they mean by "my culture vulture such a dab hand"" ... well, I don't really spend time wondering over their lyrics but some thoughts related to it have crossed my mind :D

So I sang along with most of the songs, it was sooo amazing. xD I had so much fun

About in the middle of the concert some people started throwing underwear onto the stage, but they had like bags of underwear with them so they threw like 50 pieces of underwear on the stage. Simon (the guitarist) started laughing, it was really funny XD
Simon's my favorite member of the band, he always makes me laugh and I like how on stage he was like totally concentrated on playing guitar but then he would suddenly look at the crowd like the others had told him to look around a bit or something and he'd forgotten. anywayz it was awesome to see him play, now i want to learn to play all the klaxons songs on guitar. and on drums too... too bad i don't have drums.

deeeem, it really was the best show ever.... it ended really quickly, though. they only did one song as an encore but well, they don't have that many songs to begin with...
they said that their next album's coming out soon so I really hope they come back soon, I feel like they liked the crowd here...

lol and almost forgot, that after the show we were heading for the door and the singer from Popidiot passed me so I told him that his show was great and he was like really happy and gave me and S and two 12-year-old girls who were standing next to us all free albums! Yay for random kindness! :D

anyway i say anyway a lot dont i? it was a mad mad show, i didnt have a chance to buy a drink cause i didnt want to lose the great spot we had on the floor, so after the show i gobbled down haf a litre of sprite which made me feel even weirder but in a good way lol im getting real sleepy here so lets call it a night.

Klaxons, thanks for the BEST SHOW EVAAARR :D

1 comment:

BM said...

fkn rokkkkkkkkkkis!!!!!!!!!!